Damp Problems; Rising Damp and its Control
Posted on 13/01/2016 in Cintec & Ground Anchors, Damp Proofing, Rising Damp
The only sure way to diagnose your damp problem is to have a professional damp surveyor to inspect your property. At Bar Preservation we have qualified surveyors who are trained to national standards to efficiently diagnose all kinds of damp problems.
Rising damp is moisture that rises through the structure of a building due to capillary action, it can occur for several reasons:
- The building could have been constructed without the installation of a damp proof course (DPC); this is quite usual in older buildings.
- The failure of an existing DPC.
- The existing DPC being bridged, perhaps due to the incorrect application of exterior render.
- The external ground level or internal floor level may have been raised.
- Brick, stone and mortar are all porous. This porosity can allow moisture to rise from the ground by capillary action bringing with it ground salts such as sulphates, chlorides and nitrates. These salts are hygroscopic and absorb moisture from the atmosphere.
The Signs of Damp
- Peeling Wallpaper
- Stained walls
- Stained Ceilings
- Rotten Skirting Boards
- Salty Brickwork
- Musty Smells
Any one of these signs could mean that you have a rising damp problem. The only sure way to diagnose your damp problem is to have a professional damp surveyor to inspect your property.
The Control of Rising Damp
There are several methods to control Rising Damp the two main methods are:
- Chemical Injection - suitable for many types of construction, especially brickwork.
- Mortar Injection – suitable for many types of construction, especially stone masonry.
In many cases, once the rising damp is being controlled the affected interior walls will require re-plastering using integral water proofers and salt inhibiters.
At Bar Preservation our surveyors and technicians are familiar with all sources of rising damp and their control.
BAR Preservation are fully trained and have experience in providing bespoke remedial repairs to properties suffering from dampness. We will give accurate descriptions and a breakdown of costs within our initial survey and on completion of those works we will issue a 20 year company guarantee for the treatment of rising damp. For added piece of mind, the guarantee can be insurance backed for a small fee.
The best way to find Fake Rolex UK Shop For Men. Buy Cheap Rolex Replica Watches Online With Same Day Delivery. AAA rolex replica watches.
- Mould Problems
- Wet Rot
- Damp Problems; Rising Damp and its Control
- Dry Rot
- The Causes of Condensation