BAR Preservation provide damp proof specialist surveys and strategic repairs to homes & buildings with damp problems. Our surveyors have the specific qualifications, skills and experience to inspect and rectify all forms of damp; they are all Certified Surveyors for Remedial Treatments (CSRT).
At BAR Preservation we use the latest diagnostic electrical and chemical moisture meters and include moisture profile mapping for:
- Rising damp
- Relative humidity
- Dew point
- Ground salts analysis
- Infestation identifcation
Rising Damp Penetrating Damp Condensation
Detecting Damp with a Damp Survey
A qualified Surveyor will visit your property to carry out a full damp survey and undertake an extensive investigation into the cause of dampness within the building.
Once the problem(s) have been identified our Surveyor will provide a full written report listing the defects, explaining the recommended repairs required and providing a cost for our trained specialist technicians to carry out the work.
The Property Care Association
BAR Preservation is a full member of the Property Care Association (PCA), incorporating the British Wood Preservation and Damp proofing Association (BWPDA).
Membership of the Property Care Association gives BAR Preservation the opportunity to provide insurance backed guarantees issued by Guarantee Protection Insurance Ltd (GPI), which many regard as the best available.
Our trained technicians have vast experience in undertaking specialist treatment works, including:
- Remedial Damp Proof Course (DPC) installation to British Standard Code of Practice
- Timber Treatments for woodworm
- Dry Rot Treatment, including all associated building works required following an attack
- Treatment and Timber Replacement following an attack or infestation from any other wood destroying insect or fungi
- Resin repairs / resin splice repairs, including ‘Rotafix’ works – BAR Preservation are a ‘Rotafix’ approved contractor
Arrange A Damp Survey